Site Meter

Saturday, January 21, 2006

reading reviews

Somebody wrote

For all its silliness, "Looking for Comedy in the Muslim World" is also a work of integrity.

Because of my general approach of not reading reviews before seeing movies, this line, along with a brief taking in of the premise was enough to get me to go see this movie.
I haven't walked out on a movie in awhile. I just couldn't take this one. I really could not find the integrity in this movie. I felt really gullible afterwards. That line was written just to lure someone like me into this movie. Its the same feeling as when an ad seems directly targeted towards me. I think: "I really don't want to buy that, but those people know a little too much about me..."
Depressing.
Ok, fine, maybe the writer really found some integrity in this movie. I'll try to remain the optimist. But I may need to get into the habit of looking at more than one review.

No comments: