Site Meter

Sunday, June 23, 2024

Transitions

 I'm watching the last season of Battlestar Galactica today. It feels like an appropriate story to accompany a difficult time in human history and a difficult in my life. The crew has to start over again so many times. Even though I was ready for a change, it doesn't mean it's easy. My transition after Grenoble was definitely difficult. That was 8 years, and now I've been through another close to 8 years. I put a lot into my work at RadiaSoft and it's not so clear whether much of it will continue on. Like my years in France, a long investment. I've looked for continuity in life and it's often been elusive.

The very nature of humanity is questioned again and again. And our relationship with technology is centered.

I'm worried about the upcoming election. Are people really confused enough to elect Donald Trump? And I'm worried about climate change. Will humanity find a way to come together to address this problem, or will we put our head in the sand?

I'm glad I'll have some time now to sit with all this before figuring out what to do next.

No comments: