1) Get a bunch of results. Express in a variety of notations of varying degrees of clarity and redundancy.
2) Come back to these results several years later. Do not read all the details. They will overwhelm you.
3) Create many appendices. Put old material in appendix and cut and paste final results to text.
4) Create storyline in text, tying results together. Unify notation and migrate material from appendices back to main text.
5) Remove some of the appendices.
6) Create even more of a meta-story line. Call this the "introduction" and "conclusion".
*.5) (where * \in 0...6) despair of healthfulness of process to self and those unfortunate others who must consume.